Wow! Three weeks of student teaching has flown by! I am learning a lot and getting to know the kids better. This is Map testing week. The week started with a regular day of instruction on Monday. Tuesday through Thursday the students tested with a normal day of instruction again on Friday. In addition to Map testing this week I also experienced my first observation by my supervisor, Professor Griffith.
This week I continued to take on more responsibility with the students and assisted with what I could during MAP testing. Throughout the week I also assisted with small group instruction, proximity control during assignments, grading, 1:1 evaluation with Lexia and general task instruction.
This week I continued to take on more responsibility with the students and assisted with what I could during MAP testing. Throughout the week I also assisted with small group instruction, proximity control during assignments, grading, 1:1 evaluation with Lexia and general task instruction.
I am enjoying the time in the classroom. Thankfully our classroom does not have extreme behavior issues, only constant talking and the non-completion of homework. Classroom Dojo is used to communicate behaviors with parents during school which has proven to be effective. Students are aware of the teacher/parent communication and respond to well they know they might receive or lose Dojo points. Currently, I believe 85% - 90% of parents are signed up and receive communication.
My observation went well as I learned more about my own teaching methods and expectations. I received positive feedback that I can immediately put into practice in my lessons.
My focus continues with the observation of Standard 4 - Learning Environment and Standard 5 – Instructional Delivery as both teachers model their own effective method of teaching. My cooperating teacher has been invaluable as she has given me an explanation of assessments (Standard 7 - Assessment) and how she plans for instruction /assessment with diverse learners (Standard 1 -Teaching Diverse Students, Standard 2 – Content Area and Pedagogical Knowledge, Standard 3 – Planning for Differentiated Instruction). Standard 6 (Reading, Writing, and Oral Communication) continues to be addressed in all lessons as reading, writing and oral communication are integrated into every lesson. I continued to observe Standard 8 (Collaborative Relationships) and Standard 9 (Professionalism, Leadership, and Advocacy) this week through the daily professional behavior of both teachers. My beliefs about teaching or learning continued to remain the same. Next week my cooperating teacher will give me the full responsibility of the writing block.
My focus continues with the observation of Standard 4 - Learning Environment and Standard 5 – Instructional Delivery as both teachers model their own effective method of teaching. My cooperating teacher has been invaluable as she has given me an explanation of assessments (Standard 7 - Assessment) and how she plans for instruction /assessment with diverse learners (Standard 1 -Teaching Diverse Students, Standard 2 – Content Area and Pedagogical Knowledge, Standard 3 – Planning for Differentiated Instruction). Standard 6 (Reading, Writing, and Oral Communication) continues to be addressed in all lessons as reading, writing and oral communication are integrated into every lesson. I continued to observe Standard 8 (Collaborative Relationships) and Standard 9 (Professionalism, Leadership, and Advocacy) this week through the daily professional behavior of both teachers. My beliefs about teaching or learning continued to remain the same. Next week my cooperating teacher will give me the full responsibility of the writing block.
No comments:
Post a Comment