Friday, October 19, 2018

Week 8 - Increased Teaching

This week was my final week at my first placement. For the most part, this week was a normal week and went well. My responsibility continued with lessons. Although I am more comfortable, I am still working to improve my classroom management with simple/direct language and taking dojo points from students.  Students seemed a bit distracted about me leaving and have asked many questions, including if I could stay. On Friday, students greeted me with goodbye cards which found their way to me throughout the day. At one point in the day, the students were super sweet, and all wrote me letters of recommendation to my future Principal. While writing the letters I was constantly told about how much they enjoyed me teaching them and how I will get a great job and be a fun teacher.  We spent some time in the afternoon where I was able to show them pictures about me. I showed them pictures of my boys, my cats and my dog who they heard about often. The day ended with gifts from my cooperating teacher and her co-teacher. I was grateful and humbled with the donations given to me to start my first classroom.


My focus continues with the implementation of Standard 4 - Learning Environment and Standard 5 – Instructional Delivery as I am now teaching subjects on a daily basis Standard 6 (Reading, Writing, and Oral Communication) continues to be addressed in all lessons as reading, writing, and oral communication are integrated into every lesson. I continued to observe Standard 8 (Collaborative Relationships) and Standard 9 (Professionalism, Leadership, and Advocacy) through the daily professional behavior of both teachers. Throughout each day Standard 1 (Teaching Diverse Students, Standard), Standard 2 (Content Area and Pedagogical Knowledge), Standard 3 (Planning for Differentiated Instruction), and Standard 7 (Assessment) are addressed as there is constant discussion about lesson planning and assessments to ensure the learning needs of all students are met and students are progressing as needed. My beliefs about teaching or learning continued to remain the same. Next week is my first week at my second placement. I can’t wait!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 13 - Second Placement - Part - Time Teaching

Happy Thanksgiving. This week was extremely short. On Monday I taught the classes that my cooperating teacher teaches. On Tuesday I ended u...