My first week of student teaching at my 2nd placement was nice! I think I really going to like 3rd grade. My cooperating teacher and co-teacher are amazing! They do not have desks or work areas just storage areas. They are up and assisting in the classroom throughout the entire day. There are more students with IEP’s and challenges in this classroom, but the classroom was directable. Students gave attention to the teacher and worked to complete work. There was no yelling! Co-teaching was with 2 teachers both up and teaching at the same time – this was not the case at my first placement. The classroom also has various specialists who push in throughout the day to assist students. Students are pulled out with the sped co-teacher for small group work instead of being at a side desk which was extremely helpful in keeping the students who are receiving the small group intervention and other students from getting distracted. This week was extremely busy and only observation took place as this week was report card pick up and the instruction and school schedule were both altered. I did, however, get to experience report card pick up which was scheduled for all students in the classroom.
My focus continues with the implementation of Standard 4 - Learning Environment and Standard 5 – Instructional Delivery as I am observing teaching, Standard 6 (Reading, Writing, and Oral Communication) continues to be addressed in all lessons as reading, writing, and oral communication are integrated into every lesson. I continued to observe Standard 8 (Collaborative Relationships) and Standard 9 (Professionalism, Leadership, and Advocacy) through the daily professional behavior of both teachers. Throughout each day Standard 1 (Teaching Diverse Students, Standard), Standard 2 (Content Area and Pedagogical Knowledge), Standard 3 (Planning for Differentiated Instruction), and Standard 7 (Assessment) are addressed through the discussion of how grades are determined and how lessons are planned to ensure standards are being met. My beliefs about teaching or learning continued to remain the same. Next week I look forward to more observation and possibly beginning to teach.
No comments:
Post a Comment